Committee on Subordinate Legislation
As per Rule 261 of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in the Telangana Pradesh Legislative Assembly, the Committee shall consist of 11 members are whom eight members shall be nominated by the Speaker from amongst its members of the Assembly and three members shall be nominated by the Chairman, Legislative Council from amongst the members of the Legislative Council.
Functions of the Committee
As per Rule 262 of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in the Telangana Legislative Assembly, the Committee Scrutinizes the papers laid before the Assembly accordingly.
- whether it is in accordance with the general objects of the Act pursuant to which it is made;
- whether it contains matter which in the opinion of the Committee should more properly be dealt within an Act of the Assembly;
- whether it contains imposition of any tax;
- whether it directly or indirectly bars the jurisdiction of the court;
- whether it gives retrospective effect to any of the provisions in respect of which the Act does not expressly give any such power;
- whether it involves expenditure from the Consolidated Fund or the Public Revenues;
- whether it appears to make some unusual or unexpected use of the powers conferred by the Act pursuant to which it is made;
- whether there appears to have been unjustifiable delay in the publication or laying of it before the Legislature; and
- whether for any reasons its form of purport calls for any elucidation.
If the Committee is of opinion that any order should be annulled wholly are in part, or should be amended in any respect, it shall report that opinion and the grounds there of to the Assembly.